Passenger Window Will Not Work!

Tim Trapp

Sep 18, 2015
My son bought his first Mustang. It is a 94 GT convertible. I know this section is for 1996-2004, but my issue is with the window and the 1994 falls in with these years for window switches and things like that.

The passenger window will not operate at all, with the passenger side switch or the main switch on the driver side. I was told it was the main switch, but before I buy one, I would like a little more feedback. I also heard that if one switch is bad on the main, then all four windows would be inoperable from the main switch. That is not the case however. The other three windows work fine from the main switch. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I also heard that if one switch is bad on the main, then all four windows would be inoperable from the main switch.
^^ This is not true. The window switches are wired through each other. So it's possible for a failure in either switch to make a window in-op.

The master switch is complex. So it's naive to treat the switch as "it either works completely" or "doesn't work at all". I personally have worked on window problems that when trouble shooting was done it turned out to be in a single wire path between the master switch and the passenger switch. But in this case the window would roll down but not up.

If this were my car I wouldn't buy a new switch until I knew for certain that the window motors themselves worked. Certainly easy enough to test run the windows from an alternate power source.

Reminder: there's a circuit breaker controlling the entire power window system as well as individual CB's in each window motor.

Thanks wmburns. I just went out and tried to push down on the window while using the passenger side switch and it worked! it works with the passengers side switch only now, which is better than nothing.