image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hey guys just wanted to share a little bit of my install. Nothing too in depth. Started on a Saturday removed the bumper, not too difficult aside from getting the one screw on each side that's a pain to get to. Since I was replacing the crankshaft sprocket and oil pump I decided to pull the radiator out to make more room. Looking at this engine sitting there it's a little intimidating to think you can actually get the valve covers off etc, but once the battery and some sheet metal is out of the way it's not too bad. So I pulled the valve covers and timing cover and got the timing lined up with the info that was available. Unfortunately it must've been off when I removed the chains because upon reassembly something had moved. At this point I checked to see if helm released the work shop manual yet and low and behold they had. So after a few hours of checking and moving and re checking the cam timing I was confident I had it right. Also most will say that the oil pump pickup can be remove with the pan on but I could not get it, only took an extra 15 minutes to drop the pan enough to make it easy. So after the inside stuff was done and put all together it was time to dig into the Paxton kit sent from team Beefcake racing .didnt necessarily follow everything in order since I had other things apart and wanted to just get certain things out of the way. Installed vortech BAP, ID1000's, and brisk spark plugs. Then I started the actual blower install. Instructions were fairly good, some stuff could have been better, the detailed cooling system and vacuum system instructions are very good, the piping instructions were iffy but good enough to get you started. Let me say that most of it is tight and takes patience to get it right. When they tell you to trim something go ahead and do the overkill instead of trimming 15 times like I did. Once everything was installed I started with new fluids, coolant etc. tried to use my ngauge to flash base Lund tune into the car and kept getting halfway through and would quit because voltage was too low. Found out that a battery lead just wasn't seated properly. Once it was flashed I fired it up for the first time and it sounded and ran pretty well. Did my base idle log while I added and purged coolant, notice on the ngauge that when data logging you must tap the middle of the screen or you will not record anything. Sent my base logs off and got the go ahead to get into boost the next morning. Since i live in ohio it was pretty cold and the roads were cold but had to take it out anyways. Ran pretty well, and just blew the tires off until third gear . The tune defiantly needs some work but haven't been able to log since then regardless I am very happy so far and cannot wait until it is fully dialed in. Thanks to terry at team Beefcake racing for his great price in the kit and for responding to all of my stupid questions. Have never had service that good. I'd recommend anyone wanting to add any power adder to go through him. Just wanted to share a little of my story thanks I'll try to load more pics

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm kicking myself now for not knowing about the gears before doing the install. I'm running a 3.8" pulley so it's not a lot of boost. Hopefully it holds till I order my next round of bolt ons. Hoping this year to order long tubes, smaller pulley, oil pump and gears, harmonic balancer, new clutch and flywheel.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm kicking myself now for not knowing about the gears before doing the install. I'm running a 3.8" pulley so it's not a lot of boost. Hopefully it holds till I order my next round of bolt ons. Hoping this year to order long tubes, smaller pulley, oil pump and gears, harmonic balancer, new clutch and flywheel.
I think it will be alright, from what I hear it's when you start revving it higher than factory or high horsepower like 700 plus.what kind of power you putting down with yours now?

I think it will be alright, from what I hear it's when you start revving it higher than factory or high horsepower like 700 plus.what kind of power you putting down with yours now?
Lund said I should be putting down low 600s so give or take 40 HP I'm guessing depending on dyno, temp, air quality, and the fact that I've got different wheels, tires, driveshaft, and axles... My Rev limiter was increased to a 7600 soft limit and then 8000 hard limit. With stock tires I was turning around 7500 at the end of the 1/4 so I went with a slightly taller tire to bring the revs down just a hair. Lund said when my 60's get better my trap may increase and I'm afraid if my trap gets any higher I'd have to get out of 4th gear. =(

Lund said I should be putting down low 600s so give or take 40 HP I'm guessing depending on dyno, temp, air quality, and the fact that I've got different wheels, tires, driveshaft, and axles... My Rev limiter was increased to a 7600 soft limit and then 8000 hard limit. With stock tires I was turning around 7500 at the end of the 1/4 so I went with a slightly taller tire to bring the revs down just a hair. Lund said when my 60's get better my trap may increase and I'm afraid if my trap gets any higher I'd have to get out of 4th gear. =(
Awesome, what did you run in the quarter and what was your trap speed?

My runs were pretty crappy so far. (here come the excuses) This was my first time down the track in a car with this kind of power and I was running stock tires.
tracktime.jpg

That's pretty good I'd love to crack that 600 spot! Hopefully I can get there by the end of this year and have a 10 second street car =)

@Kenneth sukosd Sorry for hijacking your thread man!

Do have a question though, I know it's not a tuned by any means but the car seems to hesitate when you stab it real quick and feels like the brakes are applied when you let off. Do you think this is just due to the tune not being refined or does it sound like another problem? And also would love to add a cai, but not a fan of the JLT but no other options it seems.

That should clear up with the tune. My base tune was EXTREMELY safe I believe the car would only rev to around 6400 on the base tune. As far as the car feeling like the brakes are applied I'm not really sure I mean your build a ton more torque that previous so the car will nose over real hard when letting off. I have a video of me rowing 1-4 go pro mounted to passenger door. There is a lot of suspension movement up front.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVL_Y_EgJI

Reactions: 2 users