Pelimary Performer Cyl head test!

After much hart ache my Mach now has Edelbrock Performer Cylinder heads. The torque spec is really high on the heads. 80ft pounds for the long head bolts and 70 ft pounds for the short guys. I actually broke an ARP head bolt!!! I managed to get it out o.k.

I put the intake manifold on the way I usually do. Put the gaskets on dry and I used RTV instead of the little squigly cork jobbers. The intake leaked like a siv :( It filled the Cylinders with coolant and made a huge mess! I took out all the plugs and flushed the oil and spun out the coolant. I don't think my intake manifold will even come off now. :rlaugh: I used RTV around the water passages and Gasgacinch on both sides of the intake gaskets. It is sealed now!! The torque on the intake manifold in only 18ft pounds! (hand tight) so I guess all the RTV and Gasgacinch are necassary?:shrug: Forget the Edelbrock one size fits all gasket set and use Felpro's if you deside to swap heads!

• Sponsors (?)

Performance Disclaimer: I tested the car at 2:00 AM after I finished putting the heads on. I only made one pass, and it was not a really good one.

0-60MPH: 5.306 Seconds
60' A slippery: 2.353
330' 6.026
1/8 mile 9.016 @ 84.17
1000' 11.579
1/4 mile 13.746 @ 104.17

I have not tuned anything, so stay tuned for 1/4 mile updates:D

Update! :D

The conditions were perfect. It rained hard the night before, the road was clean. It was really hot in the morning, so the road was hot to the touch. By mid afternoon the air was cool.

0-60MPH 5.062
60' 2.194
330' 5.842
1/8 Mile [email protected]
1000' 11.295
1/4 Mile [email protected]

I would like to book some dyno time and fiddle with the distributor advance springs and the carb jetting. The quarter mile times are off the G-tech Pro SS, I want to take it to the track to get a nice sticky run at it. I dought it will be any faster, it will likely run more consistant 13.40's:D