PI heads and supercharging???

So i was reading through the threads here and couldnt find a similar setup o heres the question.

I have a 96 gt with the full pi head cam and intake swap done. I want to know it i can even put a kenne bell on with out having problem, if so what supercharger would suit me best. Oh and turbos are out the question. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

A PI Headswap consist of 10.4:1 compression. This makes tuning and reliability a bit on the difficult side...

You already have fairly high compression, and the blower will only heighten the amount, so detonation and blowing gaskets are going to be hard to avoid:shrug:

It can be done, but with LOW boost and great tuning...

so non PI heads are better then PI heads on a s/c car??

Not really. If you have a pre 99 stang and swap to PI heads, you'll have high compression. So yes, non PI heads are better for OLDER stangs, if you want a blower and high boost. Now if you have a 99+ stang, performance heads will not affect the compression of the motor.

If you want a blower, I would boost about 6 lbs, and tune for 11-11.5 afr.

thanks, i wasnt thinking of making more than 6 or 7 i guess in the long run it would be a bad idea since the car is my daily driver right now. also i was looking at the kb packages is it even worth it to get the intercooler?

Any other suggestions for good power gains, i have about 5-6k to spend maybe a little more thanks again.

thanks, i wasnt thinking of making more than 6 or 7 i guess in the long run it would be a bad idea since the car is my daily driver right now. also i was looking at the kb packages is it even worth it to get the intercooler?

Any other suggestions for good power gains, i have about 5-6k to spend maybe a little more thanks again.

Spray that b1tch. It'll like the juice more since you have high compression. Spray 125 max, get a nice fuel pump, and get a good window switch. Then work on the suspension. You could hit high 12's, low 13's no problem.

you can run about 8psi without issues as long as you have a solid tune, but a KB hits hard and fast and that boost coming on so hard like that would probably not be so good with high compression. I'd go with a Vortech or just start saving for some new rods and pistons with bigger dish to lower the compression.

I have pi heads on a 98 shortblock, I made sure my tuner was well aware of the higher compression. So he pulled a lot of timing out of it and the afr never gets above 12.0 still makes good power though

Thanks i'm going to call them up and explain my situation now that i know it can and has been done safely. I have a good tuner that i go to that has done good work for me before.

Another question. since i dont need as much boost should i even bother with the intercooler or not? and can i throw it on there later on down the road?