Pi Headswap

Mac-man

Nov 7, 2003
south texas
I have a 96 GT and am fixing to do a headswap. i want to put the comp cams stage two cams in when i install them. will that work connsidering the difference in pistons? i am going with a factory plastic intake. is there anything else i will need, like valve covers or anything or will the originals work.......

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know about the pistons but you will need new valve covers if you buy 99 or 2000 heads. They have a windsor block while you have a romeo block so you will need new covers. 2001+ have romeo blocks I believe so if you buy 2001+ heads you won't need new valve covers.

if you are close to san antonio and need someone to do the swap cheaply shoot me an email. ([email protected]) i have done 6 including my own in my garage. installing LTs will be a bit more. the comp cams will work great. i recommend adding some LTs or at least shorties while you are in there. also, replace the front seal and all gaskets. i have some extra exhaust and intake gaskets if needed. get the 02+ intake with aluminum xover so we can drill the extra hole for the other temp sensor.

I just had to replace the motor and the one i purchased was out of 96 crown vic, and it is supposed to be a windsor so would those valve covers work? and what is the deal with the tube under the intake?y cant the stock one be used

To my knowledge ALL 4.6 Crown Vics are romeo engines, whoever told you that needs to lay off the crack pipe for a little while... that engine should be the same as the one you had in the 96 GT stock.