PI?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Zach...

Generally PI relates to the 99+ cars heads and upper intake. They were redesigned and were an improvement over the original 4.6 heads found in the 96-98 cars. The older heads/intake is referred to as NPI for non performance improved.

oh ok so if i'm looking for pi headers and cams whats beter like the shorties or the long tubes?

Long tubes for the more power...generally about 5-8 over the shorties. Cams depends on what the car will be used for. A daily driver would be best with a mild cam that would give you the bump in HP without driveabilty issues. But cams and headers come with a pretty hefty price due to the extent of the work required to install them unless you do the work yourself of can get a good mechanic to do it on the side.

yeah i think everything is pretty much stock i just got the car from a dealer and it was a trade in so he only knew about the add on's you could see on the outside is there a way to tell if the heads or pi or npi just from looking at them bc who ever had this car b4 put a lot of money into it to not have done anything performance to it. it hase the really expencive exhost that comes out the side of the car and it has the roll bar add on too and i know the exhost is around $2000

I doubt the exhaust was $2k. I made my side pipe cat-back for around $320 and spintech or roush is around $600. Take a picture of the engine focusing on the front of the intake manifold, i'll tell ya what you have there.

PI heads stand for the heads from 99-04 mustangs. They are Power Improvement heads and have higher compression and better flow. They also came w/ a PI intake manifold, and PI cams. These are the reason why the New Edge mustangs came stock w/ 260 hp and the non PI(96-98) have 215-225.