Mach 1 Picked up my car, few questions

Funhog

Mar 30, 2005
Alabama
my car just had the synchro kit put in and i picked it up today. i started driving home and i noticed its real hard to shift and it kept popping out of gear. about 2 miles from the dealer and i couldnt get the car in any gear. so i coast into a parking lot and try to put the car in gear and i cant. so i put it in neutral and let me foot of the clutch and it starts making a noise, so i put my foot back on and it stopped. i turn the car off, and tried putting the car in gear and i couldnt. so i started it back up and as soon as i let off the clutch it made the noise again. so i had my brother pick me up take me home so i could get my other car and go to ford. i told them what happened and i took the guy who worked on my car to my mach. as soon as he got in he started it up, there was no noise and he got it in gear (he slammed it). he said it has to break in, and i said i know but im telling ya i couldnt get it in any gear and it was making this noise. so as i drove him back, leaving my mach at the parking lot, i asked how much fluid did he put in. and he said about 5 quarts. so i handed him the tsb and said i read that you are only supposed to put in 3.0L so he is going to drain what he put in and put in 3.0L. how many quarts=3.0L?

• Sponsors (?)

Among other things the rear seal will probably leak now. Unfortunately the opinion I posted in your previous thread has come true, the Ford tech is going to put in XXX type and amount of transmission fluid regardless of what you say. The official Ford specified amount is currently 3.8 quarts of MERCON V I believe. The statement that "it has to break in" is pure B.S. I bought my Mach 1 brand new, and nothing needed to be broken in.

3.0L = 3.2 quarts

I went to go pick up my mach and take it back to the dealer to change the fluid and the same thing happened. As I am driving it it is making a noise and finally I couldnt get it in any gear. My buddy who took me to get it followed me and then drove me to the dealer. I told them I could not drive it. So the tech and service guy drove out there and couldnt get it in gear either. They called and told me the tranny was locked up. Now I have a rental car at school for the next few days and I have to go back home to get the car. So what should have been a 1-2 day fix is now a week. It should have cost me nothing and now I am spending money towards gas on the rental car. It also has taken me out of school two times in the first week of classes. My dad wants me to write a letter to the manager.