Please dont shoot me ... lol

• Sponsors (?)

Morning guys and gals,

So i know this is a stangnet, and i am a mustang through and through- BUT i have friend who recently bought a 2011 camaro SS, we put an aftermarket cold air intake on it, but now he is hearing a noise he has not heard before.

He took me for a ride yesterday, and when he gets in the throttle, usually in 2-3-4th gear, taking it to 4.5 - 5k rpm, there will be a squealing or whistling sound when he shifts. Its not a long drawn out whistle, but kind of like a blow off valve from a turbo would make.

I am thinking its the TB as there was alot of people stating back when i was more active on the forum, that certain TBs would make a similar noise to this. The only thing here is that he just started hearing the noise after we installed the intake kit.

The kit was comprised of a new air tube going from TB to air box, an enclosed area for the filter to go, and a scoop that goes under the front facia to force more air up into the enclosed box

Anyone have any ideas

It could be a vacume line came loose some place I don't know anything about camaros, I almost threw up a little spelling camaro.:shrug: