Please Help Need Advise

JOEGTS

Jul 23, 2005
Port Saint Lucie, FL
I just purchased a set of GT40 heads and an Explorer intake for a 95GTS. The car is all stock other than the normal bolt-ons,exhaust,and 373s. I was dead set on running a steeda19 cam until I read that the 1.6RR would not fit under the stock valve covers. Could I use a steeda19 with the 1.7rr or would I be able to use the stock steel rockers? I have seen many of the members recomend the crane2031 and I like the price of the kit with valve springs and that I could use the 1.7rr. I am worried that the crane2031 would have clearance problems on a stock short block and be too much cam for the heads and intake that I will be using. The car is only used as a weekend driver and will see some weekend racing. I do not plan on purchasing better heads or intake for quite some time. My goals for the car are low 13s or possibly high 12s.

• Sponsors (?)

I would really appreciate some input. I am going to do the swap in the next month or two and am getting my parts list together. I was also wondering if everyone installs new o-rings on the injectors and if so, can I get them from Ford or should I go aftermarket.

JOEGTS said:
I would really appreciate some input. I am going to do the swap in the next month or two and am getting my parts list together. I was also wondering if everyone installs new o-rings on the injectors and if so, can I get them from Ford or should I go aftermarket.

you can get the o-rings at any parts store for a few bux. im using the e-cam and 1.7's with the stock valve covers.

About your O ring concerns ...........

Look at each one real good when you have everything all apart. That way, if you see one or more that is damaged, you can have the new rings all ready for the time you go back together with everything.

When you put it back together, just use a small amount of light oil on the O ring to prevent any damage and it also makes the installation a bit more easy.

btw ...... IMHO, your concerns are founded as a fuel leak is not high on my list good things, lol.

Grady