please help with 95 gt and stalling problems

sleeper95

Apr 1, 2009
first of all i would like to thank all people on this forum for helping me with this dilemma.
The problem with my car will start if it has been sitting for quite a while, but if it has just been running and I try to restart it, it won't start. But if I let it sit for about 5 mins. after trying the 1st time, it will start up right away. Sometimes while driving it will cut off for a second or two then automatically start up again on it's own, but other times it cuts off while driving and just won't start up again.

plz diagnose this for me :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the PIP sensor inside the distributor is on the way out. With the hot summer weather it's a common problem 'cause this sensor becomes very sensitive to heat soak with age. I had to change mine a couple of months ago after I experienced the same random stalling problems.

I had the same problem when I had corrosion under the distributor cap & rotor. When hot, there was enough resistance to stop the spark from going to the spark plugs.

Sounds like the PIP sensor inside the distributor is on the way out. With the hot summer weather it's a common problem 'cause this sensor becomes very sensitive to heat soak with age. I had to change mine a couple of months ago after I experienced the same random stalling problems.

for that part how much does it cost because i dont have a hole lot of money

I had the same problem when I had corrosion under the distributor cap & rotor. When hot, there was enough resistance to stop the spark from going to the spark plugs.
the corrosion you found what color was it. because i looked in my distributor cap every thing was green like it was painted

the corrosion you found what color was it. because i looked in my distributor cap every thing was green like it was painted

If the terminals are brass, then you're going to get green oxidation. If you can scratch off the green to see metal underneath, it's time for a new cap & rotor. If the green stuff is all over inside the distributor as well (not just under the cap), you may need a new distributor. Also look for fine metal shavings (gray dust), which is a sign the PIP Bullitt95 mentioned has worn out.

Try a new cap & rotor first and see if that helps.