Please Help With Ac I Beg Of You????

rattlecan96gt

Dec 22, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Ok I do not have much experience with ac work last time I worked at a shop the most I did was vacuum and recharge.
my question for who ever this concerns is can someone please give me a write up on all the components that go into a functioning ac system ,also how to put it all together .
after my engine swap some hoses got cut and/or just got folded up and put aside so with that being said if I had a full back ground on what all goes into this system and what hoses I need I can then figure out how to piece it back together myself. please help I would be greatly appreciative I got quoted 1400 bucks for a shop to re vamp it for me and that's not gonna happen.
Also it is a 96 mustang gt.

please and thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

When you go back to your car and find out which lines you cut or smashed,I can try and help you a little better. Here is a basic diagram of your AC system to maybe help you get started
IMG_1837.GIF

Reactions: 1 user
I took pics of what is going on it seems like the diagram is a little different than what my set up is in the two pics you can see one hose is missing from the discharge manifold I need to know what that line is called and the line that is up against my header has melted I also need to know what that one is called and then I can fix this myself instead of spending 2 grand at the shop

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    590.1 KB · Views: 111
after much frustration and digging on the internet I pulled out my disconnect tools pulled both lines out and I have found these are the discharge lines so I matched my pics with parts websites and im going to order them tonight good thing connecting the lines is way easier, then off to get the system vacuumed and charged.

Reactions: 1 user
ok I received the new line but it is different my line has an electric connector on it and this one doesn't it looks like maybe I can unscrew this (possible sensor) and screw it on to the new line ? after research I believe its the ac pressure cut off switch ? am I supposed to unscrew it off the old line and put it on the new one ??

Last edited:
ok I received the new line but it is different my line has an electric connector on it and this one doesn't it looks like maybe I can unscrew this (possible sensor) and screw it on to the new line ? after research I believe its the ac pressure cut off switch ? am I supposed to unscrew it off the old line and put it on the new one ??
Yes.and it has an o ring