please help

terryo

Apr 28, 2007
i have a 87 vert with a bad 5.0, i have an 84 5.0 from a mustang i bought. gt40p heads can get anything that a friends salvage yard has in stock but i need to know what to ask for, numbers or application will be only a toy to see if i can build a ford that will run as fast as his chev. can get a stroker kit
Unuesd Sub-frame connectors witout seat braces $50

70mm TB and spacer with IAC and EGR valve, unsure of brand $80

Used Motorsports 50oz balancer part number M6316 A50 $125

Used set of Ford OEM 373 gears with bearing still on pinion $40

Used motorsports shorty unequal headers $75

4 banger front springs $40

New CAT sfi approved 157 tooth 28oz manual flywheel, steel $125

NEW 347 Rotating assm
MAHLE race pistons, flattop and oil ring does not intersect ring land
HAWKS RACING SERIES 8000 NODULAR IRON CRANKSHAFT WITH STD/STD SB FORD JOURNAL SIZES
CNC PROFILE LIGHTWEIGHT FORGED I-BEAM RACE RODS W/ARP BOLTS
PIN FIT PISTONS PISTON PINS AND RACE PROVEN LOCKS
(NOTE: PISTON PIN BORE DOES NOT INTERSECT THE OIL RING GROVE... TO ELIMINATE OIL USAGE PROBLEMS COMMON WITH JE/SRP PISTON EAGLE KITS AND MOST OTHERS!!
NEW KING RACE STD/STD ROD AND MAIN BEARING SET
PREMIUM MAHLE MOLY RING SET
$750

can i use it what cam ect anything will help i am a chrysler tech trying to change thanks terry also if you have anything to sale i need please also let me know

• Sponsors (?)

I have no idea what you're asking. The list of stuff with prices afterwards kinda threw me for a loop. Others might have felt the same way.

Good luck.

that list is all stuff available to me locally but i dont know what will work this will not be a daily driver just a toy thinking possably change to carb and a 460 or chev 406 have a 302 and stp heads with an explorer intake but what else as far as cam should i put that stroker kit in it ? will only build it once i hope thanks terry

Ok, I kinda get ya. I can only comment on the parts listed themselves, and only a few at that.

For an engine that breathes decently, the TB might be worthwhile for ya. This will kinda depend upon your MAF/MAS, as that may be the limiting factor (on a budget build, use a 94-95 meter. It's 70 MM).

Not sure what the balancer is, but you're getting towards the price of a new, quality SFI balancer for 125 bucks. The choice for my last one was a Pioneer SFI unit. They're about 170 new. It's way overkill for me but is a real nice piece.

I think used gears are hit or miss. If you are doing the install yourself, they can be worth a shot. Otherwise, I'd do new gears or look for a complete rear with the gear you want. Unless you do it often, setting up gears is a PITA.

Headers: ensure the flange isnt warped.

I've never run 4 banger springs.

Good luck.

Not too knock you guy, but break up your questions and such with some puncuation. Everything is running together and we are a bit confused.
Do some searches on cams and all the other stuff you want and the car will run great.

as far as a cam to run in a 347. I think that the TFS 3 cam would be a bad a** cam to run in one. Thats what i'am trying to get my buddy to run in his 347.

The price on that balancer is too much. I pay less than that for mine new.

You said that you were a mopar guy? I love mopars. You have any motors or parts laying around for a 71 road runner?