Plenum and Throttle Body?

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
I want to get a C&L Performance Plenum and Accufab 75mm Throttle Body. Do I need to do anything special after the install? Would I see a gain with the plenum and throttle body? Future plans are VT Stage 1, MRT-H, 3.73s or 4.10gears and a dyno tune.

• Sponsors (?)

there is a shootout on some website and the car they used had longtubes, midpipe, catback, CAI, tune, and gears and the biggest gain they got w/ a 75mm was something like 7whp and 4wtq, its a crappy return for the money you are putting into it i think the money would be better spent on a Typhoon intake as its going to cost just a LITTLE more and will give you closer to 25-30hp on a stock motor.

look on ebay for the plenum/TB. i found a 70mm TB and C&L for pretty cheap (cant remember exactly). theres a guy who portrs/polishes them and sells them for cheap. thats where i got mine from.

RoadconeTuning said:
there is a shootout on some website and the car they used had longtubes, midpipe, catback, CAI, tune, and gears and the biggest gain they got w/ a 75mm was something like 7whp and 4wtq, its a crappy return for the money you are putting into it i think the money would be better spent on a Typhoon intake as its going to cost just a LITTLE more and will give you closer to 25-30hp on a stock motor.

I was looking at the Typhoon intake manifold a few weeks back. 25+hp gain and over a 21 lb/torque gain sounds nice. In the mustangs unlimited catalog there is another one next to the Typhoon. It looks the same but is made of plastic, its just called, P.I Intake Manifold and is $199 compared to the Typhoons $529, do you guys think that would have a nice hp increase?