plugs and wirers are....

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
i swapped the plugs and wires on my stang today with a buddy (zach) his first time working on a stang. he said he liked working on it and that he is going to try and get one :D

anyway heres the some pics.

20 mins and two mountain dews later we have this :lol:

old plug wires

1983mustangglxidel002.jpg

and my hands after it. the passenger side was pretty tight to get them on and off

View attachment 448179

the distributors was a little cored si i took some sand paper and took the coresion off. thats why it was being a PITA to start. started up the first try well were on are why out to flush the radator. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

tunedin302 said:
To be young again :rolleyes:

yep. and i did cut my self a little bit but no blood lol. and i woul dof waited for the headers to cool down first :lol:

strype. all i can find them saying is motorcraft cant find the 83 but i bet there the org ones.

lol, I know how it feels to start working on the stang, even simple little tune up stuff like this is fun especially at your age. Trust me though, those hands are nothing, get alittle more indepth and youll be going inside with your arms black, and all the walls will be black aswell. Little things like latex gloves will help, they rip easily but they help keep your hands clean, very useful for oil changes.

LOL yeah, try changing power steering lines that you cant see and when all of a sudden the wrench gives you see red fluid all over your hand and wrench, and think you got the line off, only to find out later that the red fluid was blood, not power steering fluid, and the wrench just slipped off the line fitting.

lol that's what my hands look like after I wash them:D Yep, those gloves do come in handy if you're doing something fairly quick...especially if you're going somewhere afterwards...it keeps your fingernails from having black all around them:nice:

I put oil in my engine before I dropped it back in the other day and plugged the hole...of course I had to remove the plug to put the oil sensor in and got drenched in oil...one of those times it's better to lubricate afterwards:D

I found myself in a similar situation yesterday when I pulled my driveshaft out of my tranny w/ fluid in it...awesome.

Hang in there ryan...pretty soon spark plug wires will be the BS work after you get the engine back together:flag:

The only time I can use those gloves is when Im taking something off the car that I can see pretty easily, any time I cant realy see what Im doing, I need to be able to feel, so those gloves just wont cut it in that situation.