PMS or Tweecer RT (need advice quick please)

cobramanphil said:
Just throwing this in there... the lapt0p does not have to be attached to the tweecer to have the car's computer to run with the moded bin file(s). You can burn your 4 tunes (the fifth one is essentially a safety switch to bypass the tweecer's controls), remove the laptop and you just pick one of the 4 tunes that you want to run via a switch that the tweecerRt works with. I am sure the PMS system is good as well. The tweecer can change tunes on the fly so that is what I especially like about it (does PMS do that too?). I like adjusting each parameter on the tweecer. You an actually tune to the .000x to get the idle correct or the fuel tables dialed in the way you want it. I do kno the PMS does the (+) and the (-) thingy so I am unsure of how accurate a point you can command on the settings.

I don't much about the PMS to be honest, someone told me that the low speed settings were not available? Is that true...that does not sound corrrect:shrug: Either way..both are good and is pretty much necessary when modding.

The pms can change tunes on the fly. It can tune on the fly. Shoot...everything it does is on the fly:p

The PMS can tune just as well and accurate as the tweecer.

Low speed settings? Do you mean tuning in the low rpms? If so, the PMS does that with ease. Not exactly sure what u meant:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

"Low speed settings? Do you mean tuning in the low rpms? If so, the PMS does that with ease. Not exactly sure what u meant"

Yes. That is what I meant. I cannot remember who told me that, but that is one of the reasons I went with the tweecerRT. So the PMS can do timing/fuel trims at low rpm? Is that for the newer cars only or does that include the older eecs too???:shrug: I think the PMS tuner literature read something to affect that adjustments can be made beginning at 2000rpm and up. For a 94/95 car the area between 0-2000rpm was what I was worried about (aftermarket cams wreck havoc on idle characteristics of a stock 94/95 computer and I didn't want my car to idle much higher then stock...even with an aftermarket tfs cam). If that is changed now cool..then I am sure the PMS is a pretty nice unit.

cobramanphil said:
"Low speed settings? Do you mean tuning in the low rpms? If so, the PMS does that with ease. Not exactly sure what u meant"

Yes. That is what I meant. I cannot remember who told me that, but that is one of the reasons I went with the tweecerRT. So the PMS can do timing/fuel trims at low rpm? Is that for the newer cars only or does that include the older eecs too???:shrug: I think the PMS tuner literature read something to affect that adjustments can be made beginning at 2000rpm and up. For a 94/95 car the area between 0-2000rpm was what I was worried about (aftermarket cams wreck havoc on idle characteristics of a stock 94/95 computer and I didn't want my car to idle much higher then stock...even with an aftermarket tfs cam). If that is changed now cool..then I am sure the PMS is a pretty nice unit.

New and old can do it just fine. The new models of the PMS can tune lower i believe, not sure, but with more increments. But with me and using the older PMS on my 95, witha 302h/c/i and a 351 h/c/i tuning idle, low speed cruise/accel has been as easy as 1,2,3. No problems. No bucking. No surging. Nothing.

You can tune the idle with the PMS...then it has different "windows" with the different rpm levels in them.

hookups333 said:
If you wanted to hook a laptop onto the pms just to view the tune while doing a run down the road?

That doesnt make sense to me. The PMS has its own controller to view the tune and other vital readings while going down the road. There are programs you can buy that allow even more control and viewing information on a laptop. So yes it is possible to hook up a laptop to it. But again, it depends on exactly what u are trying to do. Because it no where near a "must". Its just for that guy who wants to go that much deeper into the EEC. To get more of a "tweecer" feel i guess. Im not sure, i havent bought those programs....and dont really have a plan to in the near future.