PMS or Tweecer what do you think would be right for me?

89tang

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2000
Newark ohio
I'm having a delima here, i can get a tweecer or a PMS for about the same price. The problem is i don't know which one is better for me. The PMS is a series 2 so it's not a new one and i understand there's a few things that i can't do with it like EGR and stuff but i've already taken care of all that long before now.

I have the car tuned and an SCT chip in it, but i don't like the way it's tuned and it needs redone due to me adding methonal injection i figure i could buy my own programmer for the price of another tune. I'm leaning more towards the PMS, but i already have a laptop that i'm going to use for HPtuners on my GM cars so a tweecer wouldn't be a problem to use except i hear it's pretty difficult to use it. I'm already have/going to have alot of time in learning how to do the PCM's outta the TA and the GTP.

Can i get what i want out of the PMS? Which is getting the car tuned for the methonal and change some of my idling problems i'm having. I also have a wideband so that's taken care of also. Also with a series 2 PMS can you datalog? I take it you can as long as you have the INTER-ACQ 4.0 or Interlog 4.0? Or does only one of them work for the series 2 PMS.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I can't speak for the datalogging ability of the pms as I am a tweecer user.

The hard part about learning how to use the tweecer is learning how Ford programmed/tuned. Once you understand what Ford did, and why, then the tweecer software (CalEdit) makes perfect sense.

I didn't think the tweecer RT was that tough to learn.

You are planning on an RT version if you go with a tweecer, correct?

jason

Bought a series 2 PMS yesterday. It just looks and sounds alot easier to use, i'm having enough troubles with my new HPtuners for the TA and the GTP something easier would be nice right now lol.

From my signature you can see what I have in my car right now, and with a mm motorsports suspension kit and a tf engine kit, what would be the best tuner for my car? and where can I buy that PMS tuner from? I know if you buy the tweecer from the website that is mainly all they sell so they are high in price. I dont really know much about tuners if someone can give me info. on how much they help foxbodies. my car is speed density right now but I have the mass air conversion so it is mass air. it has the stock computer replacement that came with the mass air kit. When should you change your computer and put a tuner in and how much performance do you gain from them?