Popping front end?

• Sponsors (?)

My first guess would've been lower ball joints. That's what has always been the case with every car I've had exhibiting popping sounds during turns.

If it's tie rods, you'd usually feel a significant amount of slop in the steering wheel.

Sway bar bushings shouldn't "pop." It's just a solid bar generally isolated from metal-to-metal contact by rubber at every mounting point. You might get a slight rattle if the sway bar end links are rotting apart and/or an obvious amount of extra body lean in turns, but I don't think popping sounds would be something you'd ever really get from the sway bar. :shrug:

I agree with Darkwriter, I would bet it's the balljoints.....Mine did it REALLY bad from the right side and I changed the balljoint, actually changed the whole control arm since I got new ones cheap and thought it would be easier and now it's gone, it's the only thing I can say that makes a pop.

My left side is doing it now but not so bad.......I'm doing it soon, one of the cars from my work came in with a balljoint that came apart..and it happened to one of my friend's stangs and it was making the same described noise as you and me...he made a turn into a food mart and once he hit the slight bump going into the driveway the weight of the left corner of his car dropped on his front left wheel and was rubbing.