Port n Polish Qs

98E9GT

Dec 16, 2007
Ok so i just bought a dremel, and my first project was gonna be to port my plenum, whats a good way to do that....just take the little sanding cyclinder and basically clean up the inside... so if anyone has some Port N Polish tips and maybe some other things i could do to my car with the dremel as it is so much fun to play with. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Go in small increments. As much as you want to just jump in there and start hogging things out, measure it up first. Remember....measure twice, cut once. Shaping the plenum is just as important (if not more so) than enlarging it. Open it up to match the size of your larger throttle body (I’m hoping you’re at least doing that as well...otherwise there’s not a lot of point), but concentrate more on making the air flow as smoothly and with as little turbulence as possible through the unit. You should be remeasuring to make sure things are progressing evenly every time you take any significant amount of material from the unit.

+1 on the calipers!.. also try and not work too much around the EGR hole.. i tried to make air bypass the EGR a little and it tottaly make my car run like crap, i think i just made more of a venturi

When i did mine,i matched it to the throttle body gasket,and intake plenum spacer i got for it,i also smoothed out the EGR bump,and got rid of the ridge inside,plus smoothed out the transition of the floor of the plenum to the intake spacer for a smoother flow.Seemed to really help in higher rpms.