PORTING GT-40X heads

My95FORD

Jul 6, 2004
Hello....

Im thinking of porting my GT-40X heads to help build some more power. Not sure if ill eventually do a stroker in the size of 306...331...or 347 but id love to have the heads done rather then spend more cash on new heads. PLus i like the GT-40X ..call me sentimental......I have a e303 cam and would love to up it as i plan on getting a blowzilla from keane bell sometime soon. BNut for the time ebing id love to see what all think and if i should put 1.7 or 1.6 roller rockers on as they stuill have factory ones and if i change them would i notice a difference? If i port them anyone now of a good palce in south jersey area?....Also what type of cam could i change it too......Mods include the heads mentioned.....e303 cam 24lb injectors....75mm throttle and mass air......edelbrok performer upper and lower i beleive. But im only getting last dyno 270 RWHP.......i would think so much more...also 190 fuel pump.....want to get that larger also with 30 or 42lb injectors......Id love to hear from all with some good ideas and help....THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

Like Derek, I'd think those heads would be too small for a stroker.

Moving to 1.7 ratio rr's would give you around 5rwhp IMHO

If you are thinkng about stepping up your combo and even remotely considering different heads ... I'd not spend one more dime on those.

You talked about 270rwhp

Is this what you now got :shrug:

GT40x aluminum heads
Edel performer
e-cam
75tb
? maf
24's
190 pump

Tell more about
maf
headers