Position of Timing Pointer on 95 GT

Buster95

Feb 4, 2010
I am having problems finding what is the correct position of the timing pointer on my 1995 mustang gt. Is it 10 o'clock or is it 11 o'clock? Thanks for your feed back.

P.S: The original timing cover and pointer are being used

• Sponsors (?)

I am having problems finding what is the correct position of the timing pointer on my 1995 mustang gt. Is it 10 o'clock or is it 11 o'clock? Thanks for your feed back.

P.S: The original timing cover and pointer are being used

It's the straight edge in the attached photo, not the point where the circle cutout is. There is no 10 or 11 o'clock position.

Attachments

• Timing Mark01.jpg.JPG
    Timing Mark01.jpg.JPG
    952.1 KB · Views: 1,453
It's the straight edge in the attached photo, not the point where the circle cutout is. There is no 10 or 11 o'clock position.
Thanks for the reply and the pic. I think my question was miss understood. If you are liking at the engine (crank area) head on, there where different timing pointers made for windsor base engine, mainly based on what timing covers for different years and uses of the engines. the most popular where the 10 o'clock, 11'o'clock and the 2 o'clock timing pointers. I know the 1994-95 mustangs have different timing chain covers that 87-93 mustangs. I need to know what o'clock timing pointer originally come on the 94- 95 mustangs. I am in the process of calling around and will post this when I fined out. Thanks