Powdercoated Parts-- CHECK (Killercanary, take a look)

DARK-5.0

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Leawood, KS
Well after completely my h/c/i swap I noticed that all of the parts that I cheaply spray painted were chippings, even with 4-5 coats. So I disassembled most of the motor and had things powdercoated. I wasn't too serious about the whole deal until I got a quote and couldn't believe how cheap it was. I had all of these parts done for $150. I hope you like them.

PCParts.jpg

One of my favorite pics.
chromeintake.jpg

Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

Damn that looks good! I've been waiting to see them!!!

Did they do the T-body? If so, what all was involved in taking it apart as that is the one eye sore in my engine bay right now and I want to do it.

Well if you really want to know the trick, they didn't even take it apart. It pissed me off at first because they told me that they could, but then I realized that everything was chrome on the tb and it still worked 100%, I was fine with it. A little hit with the air compressor to blow out any extra sand from the blaster and it was ready to go.

hmmm... I know there is plastic/rubber bushings in mine on the throttle blade... at least it looks like it. I will have to look into it further, I don't want to need a new TB because I hurt it powdercoating it.

Killercanary said:
hmmm... I know there is plastic/rubber bushings in mine on the throttle blade... at least it looks like it. I will have to look into it further, I don't want to need a new TB because I hurt it powdercoating it.

Plastic/rubber can't be electrically charged = no powder coat.

94whitesnake said:
Plastic/rubber can't be electrically charged = no powder coat.

Plastic/rubber + 400* oven= melted plastic/rubber

I use rubber stopped to plug holes that I don't want powdercoated on parts and it sure as heck sticks to them. It doesn't bond as I can scrape it off, but it stay on there indeffinitely if I didn't pull it off.

I powdercoat my own parts BTW.

do you have any better pics of the engine assembled, and, or, of the parts themselves.

I am having a shop local do some of my engine brackets etc. Since you hav already done it once i removed the power steering pulley, but how do you put it back on with a dead blow or something???

looks good from what i can tell in the pics, prolly looks even better in person. i haven't made up my mind which color they have to order some colors and can order a color to match my car if i want

:dunno: paul can you tell me a quick rundown of the process if you do it yourself.

jason