POWER LUMBAR SUPPORT WIRING

drdino

Aug 18, 2008
I recently replaced my drivers seat in my 2003 Mustang. The new seat has a power lumbar support, but the only wiring harness is for the 6-way power seat (4-wire).

Any suggestions on how to wire this?:shrug: The lumbar connector is has 2-wires.

• Sponsors (?)

What seat did you put in there?

The lumbar only needs a 12v+ and ground wire (black wire)

The factory harness is a 4-wire plug in a 2003. What did you replace the seat with? The same seat? It should be plug and play

The seat was replaced with one from a 2004 GT. I used my seat track from my 2003. This track only had a connector for the 4 wire connector coming from the floorpan.

The lumbar support has an additional 2 wire connector for which I do not have a power supply.

I am guessing that I will need to run a separate 12v (+ & -) and connect it.

I'll have to look at my 2003 GT's seats in the AM.

It has the 8-way power and power lumber...but all i have is the single 4-wire connector coming from the seat plugging into a harness in the carpet.

My guess is the power lumber connector connects to something on the track and the 4-wire connector is all you hook up.

I'm pretty sure though i only have 1 plug.....the 4-wire one

Ok so i poked around today. The only harness connecting the seat to the car was the 4-wire harness. The power lumber plugged in somewhere up in the seat. But without pulling the entire seat out, i couldn't quite see it.

I'm buying another GT power seat next weekend for my 5.0. Maybe i can tell you more then.

But all you need is a 12V+ hookup. The black wires are grounds. So one black and 1 pos and the lumbar will work. But look around to see if there is another plug it goes into the seat track first

Old thread...but I feel the need to update it with correct info since I searched and it came up.

For the 99-04 seats, there are TWO harnesses depending on if you had the GT seats with power lumbar, or the non-lumbar equipped seats. You'll notice the main 6-way harness connects to a second harness about 12" long tucked into the seat itself.

On the cars without lumbar, you get a 12" extension harness. On the cars with lumbar, you get a different harness with a plug for the lumbar switch and one for the air pump.

IMG_1400.JPG

Non lumbar on left, lumbar on right.

Non lumbar wiring part number
IMG_1401.JPG

And lumbar support wiring below
IMG_1402.JPG