power seat track issues...again

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
im on my third power seat track. And countless weld jobs. I want to retain my power seat, but i am in search for a more reliable alternative. Are the brackets from a newer mustang stronger in any way. i do know they fit with some modifications. but stronger is what i am looking for. I know that i am too big (6'2 315lbs) to be driving a mustang, but i love it to much to stop. Right now i am driving on a seat that flops around like a fish on land. i am going to buy a new seat because the foam has disintegrated.

• Sponsors (?)

Being 6'0" and 275, I do feel your pain. Do you ever use the power feature? I always keep the seat all the way back and down, so I really don't get use of the power feature at all. You may want to switch to a manual seat track. If you want more room for your legs, I recommend these seat extenders from Blue Oval:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have a set on my passenger side and they work quite well. With the manual seat back all the way, it nearly touches the rear seat. Plenty of room to sit for my 6'4" friend.