Power windows int inop

xtreme02stang

Jun 25, 2007
Orlando
Just purchased a 03 Cobra with 25,500 miles and I'm having a issue with the windows. When I picked the car up both windows were inop. As I'm driving home, about 400 miles later both windows start working. Then a few miles down the road only the passenger window works. This morning, both windows worked. Then when I left work in the 100 degree normal FL afternoon, they both didn't work. It seems like temp could be a factor. Also when i hit the drivers window down button, i can hear the relay click. Anyone else ever had an issue like this? Id rather fix it with your help than take it to a dealer. Thank you in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

hold the button down and slam the door. They will move. I had the same problem. My window wouldnt roll up one day. I took off the door panel and while holding the button in the up position I hit the door where the window motor is mounted with my fist and the window came right up.

Simular issue is happening with me on my 1991 Mustang GT. Windows only roll down, not up. Slammed the passenger door messing with the up and down window button on that door. It went up then stopped working. Drivers side only goes down. When i press the up button, i can hear a relay clicking but nothing worked. The worse part is, i bought new Window motors from late model resto for both sides, put them in and they still act the same way is the factory ones. I had to take them out to put the window up by hand so incase it rains out. Need to put back in garage but easier to work outside because i can open the door all the way. Garage is a bit cramped to work in there. I am looking for an answer as well so i came here to this forum.