Pressure blowing off hoses on back of engine

BillgoCU

Apr 15, 2009
Hey everybody, I'm new to StangNet, but I hoped maybe some people on here could help answer a question for me.

I have a 2004 Mach1, and recently, pressure has been blowing off two small hoses on the upper back part of my engine. (They both connect into a plastic piece that has some electronic connection. They are back under the cowl at the back of the engine). I put hose clamps on the first hose, but now it is blowing off the second hose.

I'm not sure what is causing this. I guess it could be the result of a pvc valve, but Advance Auto and Auto Zone claim they don't carry replacement pvc valves for my car.

Any advise? What exactly are these hoses connected to?

• Sponsors (?)

those hoses are connected from your egr tube to your DPFE sensor. the pressure from the exhast moving through the tube is blowing them off. they are special silicon lined hoses made to withstand the heat of the exhaust gasses. call your local ford dealer and get new DPFE sensor hoses. they are not much money. otherwise just clamp both of them and it should be fine. they have just loosened up over time with the heat they have to handle.

Thanks

Great, thanks for the answer! The only hard part is getting the hose clamps tightened in the cramped area. I will think about getting new hoses if it proves to be too much of a problem.