price of installing a sunroof ?

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't spend that much on a girlfriend. Unless i was gonna marry her. Thats a lot of money for someone that could possibly say the next day " I think we should break up". Then she's got a nice new sunroof and you get stuck with the bill.

Well thats the plan to get married. Thats not to much, I get a pretty healthy christmas bonus at work last year was 3500, so 1000 or so is where I was hopin thanks for the info. Anyways she just got me a nitrous kit Ive been wanting a couple weeks ago, for no reason. So I think a sunroof isnt to much. I thought I was done with mods this summer, after my gears, it was a nice surprise. O I found a place that would do it for little over 1000.

They're nice. One was put in my Mystic by the first owner, I love it. I haven't had any problems out of it, and it was been on for atleast 8 years. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Its a budget thing. If you make that much, no problem spending more on the g/f. I'll be lucky to get $500 bucks for a bonus, and I will say it will not be spent on the g/f, more like fog lights or possibly wheels/tires (could always use a extra hundred or two if your pockets get heavy:))

to answer your question, you are looking at 1200-2000 bucks

Make sure you use a respectable shop for the labor. Sun roofs are very prone to leaking and mechanical problems over time.

It just depends on whether or not you think she will actually use it for the life of her car. Since you are an engineer or becoming one, I'm sure you can do the labor yourself.

It just depends on whether or not you think she will actually use it for the life of her car. Since you are an engineer or becoming one, I'm sure you can do the labor yourself.

I'm an engineer...and i wouldn't want to put an aftermarket sunroof in. That's something i'd leave to a pro.

Then again, i've seen my share of leaky aftermarket sunroofs. Sure there are good ones, but i would rather have a factory designed sunroof rather than have an aftermarket roof installed.

That's been my one gripe about the 94+ Mustangs. No sunroof. My Fox's roof is great and with maintainence on the seals and drain tubes does not leak. Every SN95 i've seen with an aftermarket roof doesn't look right. The roof is too curved, so sunroofs make it look like the SN95 drove under a low bridge and shaved the top of the roof flat. Doesn't look right IMHO.

Here are a few pics of mine. I love it, 0 problems.
CIMG2314.jpg

CIMG2322.jpg

CIMG2335.jpg

CIMG2325.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG2314.jpg
    CIMG2314.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 247
  • CIMG2322.jpg
    CIMG2322.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 462
  • CIMG2335.jpg