Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
Stafford, VA
Looking at a 75 Mach1 for sale, wanted some opinions. Here's the descrip:

1975 Mustang II Mach I
-V6 2.8L
-50,000 original miles on odometer
-Rear Spoiler, Front valance
-Original "Pony" leather interior perfect condition (1 crack in dash from sun exposure)
-new paint (hatch was faded)
-15" American Racing AR-23

Its in perfect condition, the previous owner was a little old man that only drove it down to the grocery store once a week and kept it in a car port for the rest of the week. Asking $5,000

I e-mailed to get some more details and such. The price seems a little steep to me for a 2.6 though?

I'd appreciate ya'lls opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

Whoops, forgot the pic

IM000319.jpg

The car looks real good in the picture. As for it's value, I personally don't see it being worth that price since it has the 2.8. But than again someone else may want a II with the 2.8 and think it's worth the asking price. To each his own.

For 5K you can find a nice Mach or Cobra with a warmed over V8. There were some nice Cobra's on ebay the past few weeks.

I don't see a rear spoiler and as far as I know the Mach I didn't have the rear spoiler from the factory.

It's a nice car though.

It's got a rear spoiler, it's just not a factory Mustang II piece. It's like a 69 Mustang style. It also has an aftermarket front spoiler. The car is also lowered. It looks to be in really nice shape, but we only have one pic. It's hard to say if it's worth 5k. I wouldn't pay 5k for a V6 car, although I have owned a V6 4 speed Cobra II and it was a blast to drive. With the way the car appears now, I don't know if I buy the little old man story though. Most of them aren't into spoilers and lowered suspension :D.

Too much in my opinion and the "little old man" garbage would be a deal killer for me. A friend of my son bought an 87 Mustang GT about a year ago that was "owned by a little old lady who only drove is very lightly". Granny also loved the Cobra wing, side exhausts, long tube headers, etc. Her name was on the title. Unfortunately, the car was only driven by her grandson who was living with her and enjoyed frequent trips to the strip. :D

I resemble that remark "little old man" and mine is driven to the corner store about twice a week. It's a little over a quarter mile away [shut down room].
PS my little ole lady has a mean 1-2 shift when required.

If you like it buy it, enjoy it. If you think it is too much offer him less.
It all comes down to what it's worth to you, not all of us own collector cars some of us just have cars that are fun to drive.

Later :spot: