Probably going to the track sunday

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Ok I plan on taking my spare, jack, passenger seat, speakers, and amp out. Pretty much anything I can. What tire pressure should I run, and what else should I do. This is gonna be my first time at the track.

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

i'd run 25lbs in the back, and 32lbs in the front...just launch at about 2 grand slipping the clutch a bit...if it bogs, raise the launch rpm to 2500 or so, if it spins, lower it....i found out on my street tires i hooked the best at 2 grand....FWIW, i cut a 1.99 60' on 245 street tires, so it can be done...good luck and post up times!

stprorolla49 said:
i'd run 25lbs in the back, and 32lbs in the front...just launch at about 2 grand slipping the clutch a bit...if it bogs, raise the launch rpm to 2500 or so, if it spins, lower it....i found out on my street tires i hooked the best at 2 grand....FWIW, i cut a 1.99 60' on 245 street tires, so it can be done...good luck and post up times!
I have 315's out back, but they arent the greatest tires ever. Ive been practising launches and I have them down pretty good. Whats the difference between a track and the street? The track is smoother right?

1Bad89Coupe said:
Keep that stuff in there, it's not worth the hassle for an extra tenth. I say mid to low 14's since it's your first time out...and your car is DFG :D
It only takes like 10 minutes to take out everything except the system, so its worth a 1/10th to me :D

I think it goes something like ~100lbs = 0.10 at the 1/4.

I predict you'll run a 14.569 with a 2.1 60ft and also that you be intimidated when you line up next to a white convertible and blow your launch. :)

It's gonna be a fun time, the two SRT8s (Charger and 300C) that work with me are coming as well as 3 more SRT8 chargers from Baton Rouge.

Sage2k is gonna be bringing the heat there also - I'm calling a 14.4x run for him w/ a 1.90 60ft.

It'll be a fun time.

Wes

The Green GT said:
I have 315's out back, but they arent the greatest tires ever. Ive been practising launches and I have them down pretty good. Whats the difference between a track and the street? The track is smoother right?

It only takes like 10 minutes to take out everything except the system, so its worth a 1/10th to me :D
theresa bit more to grip onto on the street because its rougher, but the track surface is a bit grippier...you may find that you wont be ableto spin in 2nd gear on the street, but you will be able to at the track....if its your first time, just take it easy, and dont try to impress anyone....the first time i took my car down the track, i was expecting to run a 15.xx with a ****ty 60' and i didnt get my hopes up...i ended up running 14.25@95 with a 1.99 60' on 245 street tires....just have a ton of fun and be safe! its one of the most fun things ive ever done, and thats what keeps me going back again, and again, and again:nice:

Adam95GT said:
id drop them down under 20psi... well the rears.... and tracks usually have an air pump there for you to use....
i would strongly advise not doing that on street tires...they are not meant to go that low and at the top of the track, the car will get squirrely....i would go no lower than 23-25 lbs

its a different story on drag radials as i race at about 14 lbs in my nittos

sage2k said:
also ill be bringing a timing gun if you want to fill up with good gas and raise your timing
Sweet. Im almost empty anyway. Ill just fill it up 1/4th at a time so I dont have a full tank when I get there.

And what about the water? Should I drive around it and back in or go through it?
And my tires dont get really soft when I spin them so should I even bother? Its a pretty good drive for me so they will be pretty hot when I get there.

i would strongly advise not doing that on street tires...they are not meant to go that low and at the top of the track, the car will get squirrely....i would go no lower than 23-25 lbs

its a different story on drag radials as i race at about 14 lbs in my nittos

well this is new to me im used to FWD launching... in the probe i dropped my psi down to 14 in the fronts and hit a 2.109 60'