Mach 1 Problems selling mach

I unforunatly have to gt rid of my mach and have posted it on autotrader and numerous other sites and seem to be having a hard time selling it. i have it listed for 20k which i think is a fair price considering i see them listed at dealerships with similar miles on it then mine(30k)going for 23K. I have had it listed for 2 weeks now and havent gotten a single email or call? am i asking way too much.... i know the blue book is around 18500 for it and i would even be willing to let it go at that price. and suggestions on selling(it has to go fast)

• Sponsors (?)

I'm having a similiar problem with these online listing sites. I'm trying to sell my wife's Explorer Sport Trac, and I've had it listed on Autotrader.com and the others since late October and I get nothing but calls and emails from so-called "brokers", offering to sell it for a commission, what a bunch crap that is! The fact that you live in Florida should negate the whole bad time of the year thing, since weather isn't really an issue. I say use some local assets, newspaper, bulletin board, etc. to advertise, but I think your asking price is more than reasonable, so I wouldn't low ball it just to move it.

Just be patient. Anytime your selling a car private owner, it's a crapshoot as to what kind of response your going to get. When I sold my '93 GT I had it for sale for 1 month. Only 1 person came and looked at it. He bought it on the spot. Within 45 minutes I had $9,000 in my hand. So it is'nt the quantity of people that respond. It only takes 1 person. :)

Actually I think your asking price is a bit on the high side. A lot of us over at the Mach 1 Registry got ours brand new off the lot for low 20's including myself. My 03 had just 16 test miles and I drove it away for $23K two years ago this month. I bet if you lowered it a few grand you would get a better response, especially given the mileage. Just my opinion. Good luck with the sale. MACH ON!!!

Joe

TR03Mach1 and CrzyHrse - off topic but i see in your sig's very different dyno results for sorta similar mods. i'm thinking about getting a mach 1 so i was wondering what they dyno at stock (prob Crzyhrse's dyno is stock i'm guessing)

My Mach was dynoed on a Mustang Dyno. I guarantee his was on a Dynojet. Two different dynos with different results because the Mustang Dyno puts the car under a constant load. The Dynojet does'nt. Once you get the roller running, it's like running down a hill. You need less effort to make the roller spin. My mods are few. Just what it says in my sig. A stock 5 speed Mach on a Dynojet will be 275 HP. If you get an auto, it will dyno around 260. Get the Mach, you'll never regret it. Unless you decide on a '03-'04 Cobra, and their's nothing wrong with that. :nice:

He's right. Mine was done on a Dyno Jet, with minimal mods. I believe at the time I had a K&N filter and a Magnaflow o/r x-pipe. Even totally stock, my car was on the high side of average at 286rwhp 314rwtq.

Mach1_dyno2.jpg

Mach1Dyno_1a.jpg

Attachments

• Mach1_dyno2.jpg
    Mach1_dyno2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Mach1Dyno_1a.jpg
    Mach1Dyno_1a.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 70
Selling your Mach

I know you said you were in a hurry, but you have to be patient cause you are selling a high production vehicle, meaning Mustang GT, Bullit, Mach etc. A lot of these cars made and having a Mach might seem like a plus, but only to a person looking for a Mach, because the average person wanting a GT, wont pay a premium just to have a Mach, which limits you a little. On the opposite end, you have a great car and great color but search the net and see where your price stands compared to others with similar miles.

You need to get your asking price more in line with what www.kbb.com says for a private party sell and you shouldn't have any problem selling.

I have sold two vehicles on autotrader in the last year and both times the vehicles sold within one week of putting on autotrader.

I have also bought several vehicles off autotrader the last several years and I for one won't even bother to call on a vehicle that is listed way too high to begin with.

Hope this helps.