Prochamber DONE finally!!!

madmatt

Ellis Juan sympathizer
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2002
Lexington, SC
Well, it only took us 6 hours including an hour to eat and oh lets see about 2 hours to change the damn manifold studs. I dont know why ford puts those damn spacers on but they were the cause for hell tonight. We got it all on and took it for a drive, and I LOVE IT. Dang its loud as crap. You people say it is the quiet of the off road group, but dang if thats quiet, yall are deaf. Overall im very happy. It sounds just how I wanted it too and how I remembered hearing it. When I drove it, it definately feels like we lost some low end torque, but maybe thats just me. Havent tested it out just yet, so we'll see. Thanks for all the tips and tricks, it was still a bitch though. lol Night yall.

• Sponsors (?)

I guess the manifold studs on the 96's are different. I had not problems. I can pull mine and replace it in under an hour. It is a good pipe. I just need something more than the stock muffs to go with it.

Ya, have had my prochamber since like Feb, and love every miles since then! I'm dredding already to take the darn thing off to put my OEM catted pipe to get inspection...

I think were you will notice the Pro Chambers added power is after 3000 rpm. I know when I had mine the car acted like it had VTEC or something. As soon as you crossed 3000 rpm the car would pull alot harder. The difference between the stock pipe and the PChamber is like night and day in that regard. Although, the car does still seem to run a lot better once i cross 3000, even with the stock pipe.

I did the Prochamber(2 flows 40series with that)and the 3.73 gears at the same time...

Sound is the best you can have for a 4.6 mustang. Bottom end felt the same as stock with the 3.73 (cuz of the lost with the prochamber) but im sure i gained power over 3k..

:nice:

Cutler03GT said:
Any body have any tips on getting to that hard to get to bolt on the passenger side collecter, it's pointed directly at the k-member and is bad angle. :shrug:

This is what I got mine loose with

Soaked it with some penetrant for about 10 minutes to let the stuff soak in.

Then

A good 3/8 drive 6 point semi deep impact swivel socket

12in. 3/8 extension

A 3/8 drive impact.

Make sure the swivel stays on straight and this should get it off.

Regarding the above comment about the 3.73's only bringing it back to stock torque feel, this isnt very good news for me. Is it any faster than stock down low? I really hope so, because my dad really isnt into the whole 4.10 gear idea.