ProCharger installed - My Thoughts, Images and videos

2005RedGT

Nov 7, 2004
I have completed my install of the ATI ProCharger. I did not get to document the install process, the instructions did the job. I did take some after-shots and 3 videos, in addition to some things that you need to be aware of when doing the install.

Overall all, the car (at 1/2 throttle) feels about what full throttle felt like. I have not gone WOT yet - not until I tune. However, I did get a tune, psoted by Jerry at SCT, and modified by my Tuner Andre T. This tune is right on the money. Does not seem to be too rich, nor too lean. It has no lag spots and runs like a mutha. Now, one of the best parts is that SCT is now providing (for auto trannys) the best shifting I have seen since the manual valve bodies. It shift so freaking hard from 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 - if put you back in the seat and barks the tires, Hard!

I am still waiting on a boost-a-pump and a new 10# pulley from ProCharger, so I will not be going to the dyno for at least 2 weeks. So, for now, you can read what I found and see some pics and videos.

The videos are of idle (the whine and grind), the new ATI provided fan, and some slight engine revs. Enjoy

Read ProCharger Article

If anyone can provide some constructive feedback (from experience with ProCharger) about the sound, it would be appreciated. I have no idea what a ProCharger should sound like. :)

Thanks,

-Bryan

• Sponsors (?)

seems like i always run into problems when people host videos on other sites. damn pop-up blockers... anyway, why did you give it a 1 out of 10 rating for performance?

I had a Pro-Charger on my 2000 and it was LOUD and sounded like a F-18 taking off. I can't seem to get the video to down load, but let me tell you some things that I checked on the 2000.

Check for belt slipage. Ensure proper oil level in the blower. Make sure the inlet isn't too close to the impeller.

I'm sure that you have already checked these things, but my Pro-Charger was loud and it took a long time to get it all sorted out. I loved that blower though and loved the atttention it would get at a light.

- Jess