Proper way to route the PCV valve on a bbk ssi?

cobracoupe

Apr 21, 2008
I had a line going straight from the PCV to my BBK intake and it would suck oil up into the upper plenum pretty bad. when I seen this I thought maybe I had bad rings or something of that sort, even though the engine had been rebuilt 25,000 miles ago. so i pulled the PCV valve and no oil steam or blow by comes out even when i rev it. I even went as far as to put a catch can on the end of the PCV line but with no vacuum to the catch can and drove it around, there was no oil in the catch after doing that, but when i put the intake vacuum to the catch can i suck oil into the catch can.

I did a compression check and they all turned out good. so i dont think it is blow by otherwise there would be a oil mist coming out of the PCV with no vacuum.

I would just leave it hooked up to the catch can with no vacuum to it, but i just want to know why it is doing this. The idle does not want to find itself that easy when I cap off the vacuum port on the intake that is going to the PCV line, probably because it was tuned with the extra vacuum coming from the back of the intake. so id like to find a way to hook it up with out sucking oil up like a straw.

• Sponsors (?)