Puddle Lights Install

May 28, 2013
I purchased a pair of LumenTrendz Mustang puddle lights (1 pair in a box) with the idea that this would be a cool addition to the 2000 GT, especially since the new models come with them. Short story: not recommended.

The instructions call for installing them in the bottom of the door, but the light area would be really small in that case. So, I decided to put them in the side-view mirrors. That process wasn’t too bad, except for the fact that the mirrors are not as useful afterward because the light housings are large and impede the movement of the mirrors. This is especially a problem on the driver’s side because the mirror is flat. I use the Car Talk guys method of running the mirrors out as far as possible to see side traffic, and the puddle lights prevent the movement of the mirrors. Also, the courtesy lights don’t stay on as long as they do with newer cars, so there is less time for the display of lighting. All in all, it was a considerable amount of work for just a little benefit.

If anyone is interested, I can post more info about the install.

Attachments

• PuddleLight.jpg
    PuddleLight.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Sponsors (?)