PUSHRODS

NewbeewithGT

Sep 30, 2007
I am going to purchase roller rockers for my 94 GT and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the stock pushrod size for my motor? I need to know to be able to purchase these and i want to purchase them before i tear into my car.

Also what all needs to be done when trasitioning to roller rockers? Any input would be great!

• Sponsors (?)

I *think* it's 6.25 inches but you're always best to use an adjustable pushrod checker and make sure. You might wanna go with hardened rods while you're at it just for the added strength.

The roller rockers i have been finding online all have the options of 3/8 and 7/16

Pushrods and the studs (3/8" or 7/16") that the rockers 'rock' on are different.

The stock pushrod is 5/16" in diameter.

The roller rocker options that you listed are for the stud thickness. 7/16" is the better of the two options, because of the added strength.

The roller rocker and stud size needs to match, i.e., you need 7/16" rockers and 7/16" studs to screw-in your heads.

The pushrod thickness of 5/16" has no relation:)

I got to thinking about that last night when i was trying to sleep i had those two mixed up. So is the stud size on stock 7/16 or what will i have to do to trasition to that as well?

Thanks for the previous clarifications

Well, if I recall I believe STOCK pedestals are 5/16". Common upgrades are 3/8" and 7/16". I'm pretty sure you will need machining to do that:) Someone should be able to help you. I'm not all that 'up' on pedestal mounted rockers.

6.250 to 6.272 depending on manufacturer and all you need is a set of pedestal mount 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers. the stock thread size is 5/16-18. you can also buy a staggered set of 1.6 intakes and 1.7 exhaust rockers. that 1.7 on the exhaust helps out with those restrictive stock head ports. my 2 cents