Q: about MRT Suspension Package(s)

281Ponies

Nov 14, 2003
At their site they offer two different suspension packages.

MRT Street suspension package
MRT Race suspension package

The Street package describes a 1 1/4" drop in the front and only says the rears finish off the job.
The Race package describes a 1.7" drop in the front and 1.5" drop in the rear.

So, my question is for those who have purchased the Street package, are you getting a 1.5" drop on four corners or the described 1 1/4" drop for the front and a finished off job in the rear? Whatever that amount of drop may be.
I ask because I’ve seen pics of different cars with the supposed Street package and some look as if they have Ford C-Springs in the front and the stock springs in the rear, a dramatic raked look. While others look like a nice 1.5" drop all the way around.

Can someone who has purchased the Street package or just the Street springs alone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,
-Cale

• Sponsors (?)

I got a good 1.5" drop all around with the street package. The lack of drop in the rear seems to result from improper placement of the rear springs(rotational misalignment). The rear shocks are also pretty stiff and I actually didn't see the drop until after I drove it for some reason.

I appreciate the reply gdear66,

I have C-Springs on a 00GT and know it takes a few days to a week for springs to settle into their normal ride height. I recently picked up a 02GT and I’m looking for a little more drop for this one, similar to what you get with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. Looks like this street package from MRT is another alternative.

Thanks again,
-Cale

I got the MRt street package on my Bullitt and it is as they had said.. a "better than bullitt feel" I know I love it. and the people at the company seemed great. quick turnaround!!

I think I'm gonna go back to em for some other things.!!

Like that bad - a** H-pipe!
:nice: