Quad Shock Hardware

• Sponsors (?)

When I removed them back in the day to run southsides (single worst decision I ever made), it did really help traction to remove them because of the way southsides work. But the reality is that I should have put them back on when I removed them a couple years later.

For arguments sake last night I measured my rear tires. They are a real 10.5 inches wide at the tread.
So If I can fit them, i'd say 90% can on street cars. They don't appear to limit tire size much more than the stock tubs themselves...

If mike wants to make an official thread on the issue, i'll join that. If not i'll make one when after work.

Reactions: 1 user
One of you guys should create a quad-shock thread.

It'll help counter that first reaction, snap advise of, "Just pull the quads".

I tried that with a "TPS doesn't need to be 0.9999999 volts thread" and that got us nowhere. Log on to bookface and you'll see the first thing suggested when troubleshooting a car is to set the TPS to 0.99v

"My car stumbles and misses and backfires? What's wrong?"

"Duh, your TPS needs to be reset to 0.99 volts! That will fix it!"

"Yeah! If your TPS is set to 0.98 volts it will run like crap! Also pull yer quaaaaaadz"

Reactions: 1 user
You and me both lol.
I was hoping you would take the lead.

I think pretty much never remove your quad shocks on a street car covers the entire subject...

Ok. I got something. Let me write it up and see what sort of drama this causes. I remember when I suggested leaving the quads on in a post on Bookface and had so many people jump down my throat telling me I was wrong.

Last edited:
Ok. I got something. Like my write it up and see what sort of drama this causes. I remember when I suggested leaving the quads on in a post on Bookface and had so many people jump down my throat telling me I was wrong.

I like it. :nice: I made one minor adjustment to your post (hope you don't mind), only because the first line says it all and the rest of the post describes why.

May I suggest a thread in the how to/tech section about fox body myths? Tps, quads and underdrive pullies are the first three to discuss

Fox myths have no place in the Technical forums. I try to keep as much bookface instruction OUT of Tech as I possibly can.

Additionally, the Technical forum instructions clearly state that Tech is for: Asking for or providing, a specific set of task instructions. A thread about internet/Mustang myth is exactly, not that.