Question about 96 vert.

TheBocSez

Feb 3, 2004
Converse, TX
Just sold my Fox and Im looking at a 1996 Vert with 59k on it. My questions are these:

What are any known issues with 1996 engine or other wise?

What is the road noise in a vert like in the later models? My 91 was pretty loud on the highway. I have heard the later models and more quiet.

Feel free to chime in with any other advise.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

umm i have a 97 and road noise isn't that bad... but i have a nice exhaust to listen to.. and the radio can help the noise.. but 96's are not bad..

I have a '96 GT vert...

Road noise isn't that bad. No problems with the SOHC 4.6... It's a smooth (and slow when stock) engine... lol I love my SN95.

Can't beat the mileage on the one you're looking at! And i thought i found a decent one with 72k miles!

Good Luck.

The only issue i ever had with mine (i'm the original owner) is a $50 IAC Valve failure that was simple to replace. Other then that everything has just been normal wear and tare things....like a new top after 8-9 years etc.

The tranny may give you problems after a while. I replaced mine four years ago. Otherwise they are fairly solid reliable cars. Get some sub-frame connectors installed to stiffen up your vert. Also, tour upper control arm bushings may be worn.