Engine Question about gt40p’s

Church401

Mar 20, 2018
Hey guys I’m heading to pick and pulls half off weekend and wanted to grab a set of GT40 or GT40P (modified header setup with p’s)heads. There just bolt and go parts? I’ve read about a million different things, from needing new pedistool rockers to needing new springs. The car in question is a 1992 notch 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

Are the heads complete or just heads that need to be put together? If they are complete I think you will need the supporting mods for heads like, maf,tb,injectors, tune and if I'm not mistaken some stock and/or aftermarket headers dont fit right on gt40p heads? Just my 2cents hopefully someone more knowledgeable will check in, good luck with the parts man

Hey thanks for posting I know with the gt 40- s, the stock fuel system can and will support the increased flow. The heads will be complete. Cause I will be pulling them from the boneyard . My question a more for the roller rockers and valve springs with the stock cam. I understand the p heads need modified headers.

need new
head bolts
head gaskets
intake gaskets
thermostat gasket
valve springs
valve seals
valve cover gaskets
exhaust manifold gaskets
spark plugs
tube of RTV

Found some info seems like a straight forward swap. I just didn’t want to get caught with my pants down. You know you start the swap and next thing you know , you need a $200 set a rockers.

The P's use different spark plugs than stock. Headers will clear with 90 degree boot on #6 or 7 plug, pain to get plug out though.

So your saying with a set of normal headers will clear with 90degree plug boots? Because my car already has 90 degree plug wires and tubular pacesetter shortys. Plus a little torch and hammer action could help haha.