Question about running a wider tire out back

• Sponsors (?)

Staggering the F/R will get you some understeer, for one. Nothing uncontrollable, but it will understeer.

That depends on the tire I think. I autocrossed on stock wheels and on my 10.5" Bullitts and the Bullitts and 315's hold pretty well but it is easy to break the threshhold and throw the car around. However, the tires are Sumitumo HTR-Z so with a better tire the story might be different.

Toms_2003_Stang; you can run a 10.5" wide wheel out back with no problems. The most common tire size for that wheel is a 315/35/17 and they fit just fine. The only problem you may run into is contact with your tail-pipes if they are not fit well, but chances are that you won't have that problem and if you do it can be tweeked.

Here is my setup...

2491404_91_full.jpg

only draw back is you can't properly rotate your tires, and you have to remount/rebalance the tires/wheels when you do rotate them from side to side.

Obviously the looks are the positive.

how is the quality of the lastmodelrestoration.com wheels? same as american muscle? they have combo deals on bullitts and FR500's with either Sumitomo tires or Nitto drag radials. they are already balance and ready to put on. does anyone have their wheels and would like to comment on quality.