Questions about 1991 Mustang N/A

• Sponsors (?)

SlayerEC said:
Dont want a 5.0 :p

2.3 all the way :banana:

It would probly cost you 3000.00 to buy that 2.3 car and turbo it. I think I would find a cheaper base car to work on, maybe one with a blown engine for 500.00 or something like that. If your going to buy a car for 2100.00 than I would look for a SVO or get a 5.0L. Try Stangnet, SVOCA, and Ebay and see if you can find a something better to start with or already turbod.I know where a 84' SVO is for 1200.00 right now, it runs just needs some wireing work and typical 84' stuff done to it.

Thing is, this car is in immacualte shape. There is no rust, and no scratches, and I have looked it over many times. He just replaced the ball joints, and added a brand new suspension with sway bars and the whole works. The engine has 23000 miles on it and I imagine I could sell that for a couple penny, or at least the parts. As for the interior, it was never smoked it, no burn marks, no rips in the uphostlery (spelling) custom racing pedals, pop out CD player, like on of those that you press the button and it pulls out with a nice screen. Along with $1000 worth of sound equipment, over $1000 in wheels and tires, has AM Nitro wheels, not sure the the tires. Runs awesome, no drivetrain issues that I have noticed. Plus his dad told me that if I buy the car for $2300 instead of $2100, he will throw in the whole turbo engine, plus a Volvo 760 ( I think ) Intercooler and plumbing.

I would really like to get a nice project car to work on, but I need to be able to drive it, and with this engine deal im getting and such I will be able to drive it AND have it be a quasi project car. Also saves me the suspension work.

EDIT - The suspension has less than 5000mi. on it and the only thing in the car that doesnt work is the little flip light doohiky thingmabob above the Mirror.

Asha'man said:
That sounds like a good deal, except that your make-out light is broken. I wish I had one. :(

Any way to get pics of the car?

Ash

Ill try, the guy works alot, but I should be able to catch him. Maybe by the end of the weekend.

Umm, according ot te owner before my friend.

It was a rebuild from a motor that had about 60k on it. He didnt say why he rebuilt it though ( ? Ill find out )

Also, Ash, ill get pics next wednesday, this guys a workaholic and only ges Wednesdays off and its locke din his shop so I cant just go and take pictures.

Later.

SlayerEC said:
Umm, according ot te owner before my friend.

It was a rebuild from a motor that had about 60k on it. He didnt say why he rebuilt it though ( ? Ill find out )

Also, Ash, ill get pics next wednesday, this guys a workaholic and only ges Wednesdays off and its locke din his shop so I cant just go and take pictures.

Later.

Geez it was rebuilt at 60k ?

Every time I here this new motor deal I get very worried. I got a freind who owns a machine shop that I have spent some time at shooting the crap and messing around in. Anyways my friend is always getting people wanting him to fix other machine shops mess ups. One time he got this SBC that had 3-5 cyl bored .030 over and the rest was .040 over :eek:

Then you would run across people who would want a motor built, but no machine work on it at all. We would mic the crank and block for the fun of it, but the blocks would be so out of round you didn't need to mic it to know it needed some work :) I never just buy anything someone said has this or that done to it. Knowing my luck I'd get something like that dodge screw up back in the early 90's that if you torqued the intakes more than 14fps on the 360 it would crack the block and that would be the one I bought lol

I dont even want the light :p

I got some pictures, just have to upload them to my webspace and post them. At school now but will do it when I get home tonight . . . or tomorrow, depends on what I do tonight :p

BTW, its Green, I think they call it Calypso Green ? Im going to keep it that color, it looks good and my g/f likes green also. Maybe rice it out with neons or some 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' in the distant future.