Questions for Barona racers

I'm planning on visiting Barona for the first time tomorrow. I will be trailering my car. How big is the pit area, and how soon do I have to get there in order to ensure I have a place to park and unload the trailer? How is the drive up there, and what is the best route if hauling a trailer?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Plenty of room to trailer your car. There are only two ways in to the area, from Ramona or from Lakeside. Either way is the same depending on where you are coming from. I would get there a 1/2 hour early, but make sure you leave the house early enough if your pulling a trailer up the hill it could take some time. It's a narrow busy canyon road.

David Schwarz said:
1/8 mile NHRA certified track. They have bracket racing on both Saturday (NHRA Summit series) and Sunday (Barona's own bracket series with cash payout I believe). Tomorrow will be my first visit - I'll let you know what I thought.
Barona's facility is awesome - well worth the trip. I shattered my previous best ET (7.74) when I ran a 7.572 off of a 1.623 60'. In eliminations, I redlit in the first round (damn LED lights), but had a 1.59 60' and a 7.75 after letting off the gas at 660' (I didn't know that I had redlit, and would have broke out if I didn't let up).

It's amazing what a sticky track can do for your times.

86/92stang said:
This is Shawn
Hey Shawn - yeah, I had to look at the timeslip twice because I couldn't believe I had run that fast. The day started off rocky too; my first pass was an 8.074 with a 1.945 60'. The secret was really boiling the tires on the burn-out. I'm already starting to wonder how quick I could run if I make the switch to an AT. Doug thinks I could drop a full second in the 1/4 - now that would be sweet.

86/92stang said:
Yeah btw my friend with the tranny is greg. I didnt even think about you knowing him, LOL.
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not sure who Greg is (I've met so many people in the last couple of weeks I'm getting them all confused, and I'm assuming it's not GS). When and where might I have met him - or more to the point, what does he drive? You can pm me if you want.

LTDScott said:
Do they race every weekend? The schedule on their website is sort of vague. I'd love to race out there but I'm afraid they'll laugh at my slow street car.
There was a time when they had regular weekday TnT, but it looks like those days are over (I've only been once, but I'd been planning on my visit for a long time). Now it appears that the only time the track is open is on a once per month basis for bracket racing. As for slow cars and laughing, the only laughing that happens is when a "slow" car beats a sub-7 race car. Everyones welcome - come out and have fun.