quick 5 lug converion question

homiegloc

Apr 25, 2003
ok i got rotors of a 1988 mark 7 and noticed the grease seals for the front bearings are bigger than the stock 1991 ones
so i have to get some new ones,

now i was wondering if the bearings are different between the mark 7 and 91 mustangs so i can pick them up tomorrow when i get to the parts store.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

SVO and Mark 7 rotors are the same save for the ABS ring.

I used Mark 7 rotors before and i reused my stock mustang bearings and seals fine. Rotors were the same was the 4-lug ones except for the 1 extra lug

5L5, that's interesting about the ABS ring on the mark rotors. Just did a turbo coupe brake job and bought new stang rotors because the T coupe rotors were $146 vs $41 for the stang. Only difference was the ABS ring. I popped it off the bad TC rotor and spot welded it onto the new stang rotors. How much were the mark rotors?

Jamie

They were approximately $55 each for the ones with ABS rings. I specified a 1990 model and the option for ABS or no wasn't there. The only rotor showing had the ABS rings on them

For an '86 mark 7, they do show 2 rotors. the non-abs rotor was $55 and the ABS rotor was $90.

SO i'm confused. :shrug: