Quick smog delete question.

Rynb15

Nov 21, 2005
Ok i installed my headers and pulled out a lot of the smog stuff. Now the pipe that runs behind the heads i can just unbolt and put in thermactor plugs right? Does anyone know what size they are and where can i get them? Autozone? Now to the smog pump. Can i just buy a new belt and forget about it? I also have mac pullies on if it makes a diiference.

• Sponsors (?)

The plugs are available from Ford. They screw into the thermactor port on each head. They can be tough to get in if the port has a bunch of carbon built up in the holes. As I recall, they're kinda pricey ($10-$15 apiece?).

You can just use a bolt to plug the hole, too.

You can also block off the ports on the crossover tube to seal it and put it back on. I brazed a bolt into the end of the pipe and bolted it back on for a "low buck" mod.

I'd suggest a smog pump eliminator pulley. I may be wrong, but I'm not aware of a belt that will fit if you're only removing the smog pump.

You dont need a plug, search on stangnet, ive found the size plug but i dont remember what it is but you can get them at autozone. And For the belt, youll need to find the right size, it may take a few trips, but tell them you need a belt for a 90 mustang 5.0 but its not the stock size, theyll ask you what size and buy as many as you can with the money you have and return the ones that dont fit.

Id buy the 84.5 and the next few up from that, and just go from there it may take an hour of going back and forth but youll find the right one eventually.
beltrouting.jpg

Attachments

• beltrouting.jpg
    beltrouting.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 83
mob said:
You dont need a plug, search on stangnet, ive found the size plug but i dont remember what it is but you can get them at autozone. And For the belt, youll need to find the right size, it may take a few trips, but tell them you need a belt for a 90 mustang 5.0 but its not the stock size, theyll ask you what size and buy as many as you can with the money you have and return the ones that dont fit.

Id buy the 84.5 and the next few up from that, and just go from there it may take an hour of going back and forth but youll find the right one eventually.
beltrouting.jpg

ok i have underdrive pulleys and no smog pump and i want to bypass my ac what size belt do i need?

Attachments

• beltrouting.jpg
    beltrouting.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 111
spark plugs will also fill the holes, just break the ceramic off, bit of a pita thou to get them started, this is what i used on my 93 vert when i deleted the smog on it, worked so far many others have done it this was

When i did this on my 95 i took the tubes off and then got some 1/8 sheetmetal traced out the tube flange then drilled the nole for the bolt, put some sealer on it with the bolt and done. Never leaked. peace

john:p