R352- Stashing this for a future project...

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
I'll be picking this up next week...

"R" Block 302 bored and stroked to 352 cubic inches
CNC 225cc TrickFlow Highports
Port matched Typhoon intake
Custom solid roller camshaft
Custom forged pistons
Scat forged crank
Custom Scorpion rockers
JE Rods
All ARP hardware throughout
8.5:1 Compression- Boost friendly :D

Supposedly rated to 1300+ horsepower. Any opinions on this?

Zero miles on the engine. I'll most likely swap out the Typhoon for a Victor EFI and and have a more street-friendly cam ground for the motor, then run a Procharger F1a or NOVI 2000. I'd like to see 800 "streetable" horsepower in a gutted notch...

Opinions? :nice:

IMG_08031.jpg

IMG_07971.jpg

IMG_08021.jpg

IMG_07981.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Damn, you always stumble into the coolest ****. :nice: Who built that fancy engine only to put a junk intake on it?

Also BTW, lift has nothing to do with drivability/vacuum. That's all in the duration and overlap numbers. You plan on keeping it solid roller?

Whats in the bottom end? Ditch that intake and id think about some shaft rockers. Also, stick with the procharger stuff, you wont have to spin it as hard. F-1c or with the 5.4:1 step ratio would be sweet, or a pt-88

Also, dont just stash it away, bring it somewhere and spend a few bucks to have it checked out, lots of shady things going down lately, hate to see you get screwed. If you dont mind me asking how much are you paying for it?

Damn, you always stumble into the coolest ****. :nice: Who built that fancy engine only to put a junk intake on it?

Also BTW, lift has nothing to do with drivability/vacuum. That's all in the duration and overlap numbers. You plan on keeping it solid roller?

Thanks! I know about the cam numbers, those are just the only two numbers I was given about the cam grind so far. Trust me, the intake is the first thing to go. I'm getting all of the receipts with the engine so I should know a lot more at that point. I doubt I'll keep it solid roller when the time comes to switch out the cam. I only wish Jay Allen was still in the business :(

Whats in the bottom end? Ditch that intake and id think about some shaft rockers. Also, stick with the procharger stuff, you wont have to spin it as hard. F-1c or with the 5.4:1 step ratio would be sweet, or a pt-88

Also, dont just stash it away, bring it somewhere and spend a few bucks to have it checked out, lots of shady things going down lately, hate to see you get screwed. If you dont mind me asking how much are you paying for it?

I'm still waiting on receipts/invoices for the motor build so I know exactly what's in it. A very reputable shop here on Long Island called SK Speed (you guys may have seen them race on Pinks) built the motor and supposedly spared no expense. The price tag was well over $10k. I've already called two other shops to have the motor blueprinted by a third party. There's a PM in your inbox about the price. :nice:

Turbo :nice: not S/C :notnice:

To each his own, man. I love turbo cars. I've almost built two of them so far :rlaugh: I know when they're built right, they're the baddest cars on the block, but I prefer my car going sideways down an empty street at 4 am than up on jackstands in my garage, so it looks like supercharger it is. You never know, though.

Those pics sucks dude, give us some good ones.

I know, I know. Those were sent to me by the previous owner's iPhone. Better pics coming soon.

Wow, nice score, looking forward to seeing pics of it in the notch. :nice:

Thanks!

I bet you wish you still had the strawberry notch, haha. That engine would be baaad in that car.

Low blow man! :( Seriously though, I miss that car on a daily basis. I was just thinking how badass this motor would be in a car as clean as my old notch was...

Did you end up selling the red car?!

What is this engine going into?!

The red '99 is still here. It's for sale locally and on ebay, though. I don't have a car for this motor to go into, I'm just gonna build it and wait for the right roller and for a time when I have a bit more disposable income. I'm doing this build a little bit backwards, haha.