Race Stories

• Sponsors (?)

i beat an 01 cobra a couple of days ago, they were laughing at me and all, not till we raced they were like dam, i actually saw there expresion in the face. it was priceless!

Back about 3-4yrs ago when I had my stock longblock with pullies, K&N, 3.73's, and 125shot at the track I raced a 12.8 lt1 maro' at GIR. My car was REALY stock looking/sounding and his car was loud from dumps and had no pass seat. We staged and ran. I ran a 13.1 @ 107 with a 1.9 street tire spinning 60ft. to his 12.8 @ 104.

I got a chance to talk to him later and he said "man I thought from the way that car was setup I would be out in front by a long shot" thinking I was stock. "At about mid track I looked back thinking you would be far in my rearview but you were right at my rear quater and I just thought holy cow thats a running mofo" He had me beat by his reaction time, first 60ft, and 330 or whatever it is market as. but had I not been sleepin and/or on the street from a slow roll he said I would have had him and I agreed'. He cut like a 1.6-1.7 60ft IIRC on DOT's.

That was prob. my funnest race so far at the track...

I love stories like that Blksn955.0! Never underestimate your opponent, especially in a drag race as you never know what's going to happen.

Keep the stories to legal racing only just as a reminder before we have a ton of illegal street racing ones here. Thanks!

RAM000(paul) and I went one night to the track. We had to wait all damn night to race. His car is completely stock and I already had my combo. Well, this was my 1st time at the track and his brother in law was driving his. He's got so many years experience racing. Well we line up and I'm not lined up correctly. So when I shift into R to get the 2 greens, they light up suddenly and then the yellow and the green and he took off. I was like WTF. So I had to shift back to 1st, rev up a bit and then take off. Paul's car took off about 2 sec. before me and I managed to catch up and almost pass him. He ran a 14.94 or something like that and I ran a 14.97. All I need is practice cause my 60s was about a 2.4. I haven't gone back since.