Looking for Buy Advice

eaar1988

Aug 5, 2023
Oklahoma
First off I'm an old Tuner guy. Delt with many 4-6 cylinder vehicle's. Recently got into the V8 game and went for it. Turbo, EMS, Transmission, rods, pistons, cam, rockers, heads, fuel, intake. But the platform I had well I know can't handle the torque and HP. Long story short. Looking for the best foxbody platform to start with. I currently have everything in a 1988 Toyota Supra. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The best fox platform for an engine swap street car would be 1994 to 2004. The new edges 99 to 04 have better factory brakes. The cars got wider and can fit bigger wheels under the rear quarters without heavy modification. The best car for aftermarket support are the 1988 to 1993 mustangs. If you aren't afraid to do some cutting and welding the foxbody mustang is a great platform. Keep in mind that any v6 or 4 cylinder mustang before 2011 will have a 7.5 rear end and not a 8.8. I mention this because it sounds like you'd be looking for a roller not a complete car. In my experience, if you want a solid car, look for a well taken care of 4 banger or v6 ( sn95 or new edge ). They are usually not beaten on. You'll need to redo suspension, brakes, and rear anyway to handle serious power.

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users