RACED A 2004 BMW M3 SMG!

LR5.0

Jun 28, 2004
he got me by about two car lenghts thru 3rd gear. i'm proud of my 94 5.0 5spd though. all i have is a k&n air filter and bassani x-pipe with catz and a bassani catback with the stock 3:08 gear. i'm impressed with my ride because i had the typical wheelspin in 1st gear and once i hit 2nd i gained a little ground and when i hit 3rd it seemed as if he started to pull on me. i know the horsepower difference is there with the little 3.2 m3 motor that is packin a stout 333hp. after i get a couple more mods done i look for a rematch...

• Sponsors (?)

NICE... Are you sure he was in it all the way man those things fly. and what yr was it. they did not come out with the 300 some hp ones till like 99 i think.
They are sweet thow. I was looking at one before i went to my cobra. But the one i looked at was not 5spd and i had to have one... Any ways man put some gears in it and Throttle body and you should stay with him.

You should have seen the look on the guys face when I wasted his temp-tagged M3 convertible--twice. He couldn't believe that I put about 6 cars on him from about 0-80 so we tried again and the same result occured.

Bummer....:D

Joe

wytstang said:
Don't put a throttle body on a stock intake/stock motor it's a waste of $$$. Gears, pulleys, and traction will help.
I second that.

My roomate has a 2004 M3 with SMG. when I had gears, full exhaust, intake, TB and a MAF he would beat me. Those cars run mid 13's with an average driver.

The M3 takes a few minutes to warm up, if it wasn't at operating temp the computer pulls down the rev limiter a couple thousand RPM, maybe thats why you beat him? :shrug: