radiator to block clearance question. 94 95 compared to a fox

The fox accessory pulleys stick out further forward toward the radiator than the SN95's. If you put that on a SN95 motor the blower belt would have a good 1-2" additional space between it and the serpentine belt then what's in the pic you posted. The reason the SN95 motors have the short waterpump and accessory pulleys is because of the lower profile of the front end.

Removing the stock cooling fan and running a pusher fan will probably give you the clearance, but the blower belt and pulleys will still be sticking quite a ways in front of the other pulleys and belt. Ideally the snout and shaft/bearing should be shortened on the blower. That's a pretty wide cogged belt on that thing too...lol

Here's what the vortech crank/blower pulleys look like for a fox...

img-52-0-xlarge.jpg

Here's what they look like for a SN95...

v4fg018-031.jpg

Notice how much shorter the SN95 crank pulley is than the Fox....because the SN95 pulleys are located closer to the engine

Yea I see what you are talking about,, Thanks for the pictures
When I put this blower set up on the fox body I used a spacer between the stock pulley and the blower pulley. Then I turned the top pulley around and installed it backwards. That's how I got in front of the serpentine belt
And yea that's a wide belt it's a 3" but I like the way it looks with the blower sticking out of the hood

maybe I can drop the spacer and turn the top pulley around

• Sponsors (?)

The lower intake manifolds on the Fox and 94/95 cars are basically the same. The thermostat housing is the same.

The 14" measurement is from the center of the distributor hole to the engine side of the stock radiator. The stock fan shroud is 3.5" thick.