Radiator which one to get?

90lxfoxbody said:
i bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-9...ewItemQQcategoryZ33602QQitemZ8067829656QQrdZ1

rock solid, all aluminum, tig welded and light weight. i am running it with a black magic fan and an oil cooler. i have had it for about three months now and it has performed flawlessly, and the price is a great bargain. best of all, it's a true direct fit. i didn't have to modify anything for placement of the radiator.

Yeah, I'll be ordering one of these now. The guy has 100% pos feedback after 971 transactions and it looks like a quality rad. Hopefully he can ship fast!

• Sponsors (?)

90lxfoxbody said:
i bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-9...ewItemQQcategoryZ33602QQitemZ8067829656QQrdZ1

rock solid, all aluminum, tig welded and light weight. i am running it with a black magic fan and an oil cooler. i have had it for about three months now and it has performed flawlessly, and the price is a great bargain. best of all, it's a true direct fit. i didn't have to modify anything for placement of the radiator.

Will this thing accept the stock fan shroud?

ive also been thinking about getting a new radiator. all these radiators on ebay are fairly cheap and the ones from autozone are fairly cheap also. ive got a friend that works for fluidyne racing here in mooresville and all he does is tig weld radiators all day. he said he could get me one for $180. thats more than the summit ones but it would be nice to know that someone i trust made the radiator and if i had a problem i could just pull it out and have him fix it. i dont know...im still deciding and trying to save money

hey daggar

when i installed mine i didn't put the manual fan or shroud back in, so i can't verify %100 that it will bolt directly up to the fan shroud. but, it slid right in, seated up just right on the factory mounts for the old rad, and even with the electric fan shroud it still clears the water pump pulley by a good margin. i am almost certain it will clear the factory shroud, but i would email the seller just to be careful. you will love it though. every time i pop my hood i get comments like 'whoa that come off a nascar or something?' when they notice the radiator. it looks that good :)

hey savegood, i just followed the link you posted. speaking from personal experience DO NOT BUY FROM DYNAMIC RACING PRODUCTS. their shipping takes forever, their people suck and are very rude when you contact them with a question about an item you bought. if you contact them about an item before you purchase it you will get some short useless answer that usually tells you something you already knew. i think they hire people who were fired from the drive through at mcdonalds for lack of motivation.

FWIW, I crammed my copper/brass 3-core in there yesterday, along with the T-stat and a hardcore flushin' of the system. Car runs a rock-solid 195* now, even at 1PM with 110* outside temps ... and even with my crappy lil' 16" universal fan. Now, if I can just find a better way to route the overflow tube from the filler neck so it doesn't kink, I'll have the cooling situation conquered. :)

Darkwriter77 said:
FWIW, I crammed my copper/brass 3-core in there yesterday, along with the T-stat and a hardcore flushin' of the system. Car runs a rock-solid 195* now, even at 1PM with 110* outside temps ... and even with my crappy lil' 16" universal fan. Now, if I can just find a better way to route the overflow tube from the filler neck so it doesn't kink, I'll have the cooling situation conquered. :)

Purchase a braided line and fitting from Summit or Jegs. Kink Proof :nice:

90lx -- Thanks

It's mostly a matter of my battery being too huge for the engine bay. I'm running a 34DT-DLG (basically a dual-terminal Group 78), so it's pretty well stuffed into the tray area. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and splurge on a new Group 58 battery...

I plan to relocate it back to the trunk again, but not 'till I can afford an NHRA-legal box and kill switch. Saving all my pennies for the upcoming month where I'll be working 40+ hours a week for free (phlebotomy externship), so dealing with the cooling issue was higher on my list than the go-fast stuffs.

Another 110* degree day today, still never crept above 195* on the Autometer gauge. Much happiness... :)

I've got a Fluidyne. Nice radiator. Paid more than 180. It's fully welded and a direct fit. One note, if you get a aluminum radiator make sure you ground it. I rotted one out in less than two years because of current going through it. I had no idea.
Glenn