Raggedy’s F150

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
Been a minute since I posted in the forum- Mustang related or otherwise. But ya know life and what not lol.

Anyways- my beloved daily- 2001 Ford F150 supercrew. After many years of mostly faithful service-locked up.

Happened fast-the oil pressure gauge bottomed out and returned to normal in a very fast manner over like 30 seconds and then-that was it.

Initially I was considering rebuilding the tired 4.6- but I’m assuming it’s in need of machine work and one of everything. So I’m currently scowering for a used engine.

And yes I had even considered upgrading to a newer truck-but the supercrew has been good to me-and honestly like two months ago I just installed a freshly gone through transmission-all new front end parts - tires-etc.

IMG_5823.jpeg
IMG_6059.jpeg
IMG_6062.jpeg
IMG_6069.jpeg

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn! That sucks!
I know how you feel though……I have an ‘02 that looks very similar to yours. I love that truck!
Good luck getting it sorted out.
Here’s mine:
3AAAAB6F-8AE1-4AAA-B8E0-1C7718D02256.jpeg

Much like you, I put so much time, money, and parts into it, I just can’t let it go. Rebuilt trans, all new brake lines, new gas tank, removed and resealed the rear window, all new plugs and coil packs….. the list goes on.
Pretty sure it will rust away to the point of no return before it dies mechanically! Fingers crossed!!

Much like you, I put so much time, money, and parts into it, I just can’t let it go. Rebuilt trans, all new brake lines, new gas tank, removed and resealed the rear window, all new plugs and coil packs….. the list goes on.
Pretty sure it will rust away to the point of no return before it dies mechanically! Fingers crossed!!
I have a very similar repair list-it’s been a good truck-I’ve overloaded and over used it for years-all while trying to keep it “Nice” lol.
I’ve got some looming projects to finish so I can have the garage space-then I’ll start the hunt for a used engine-or possibly even bite the bullet and buy a reman …. I do need to do some rust repair now that you mention it :thinking: